About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

You Know You're in Trouble When...

...you walk by a room where your 2 year-old is playing and she shouts, "Nothing going on in here!"

...your 2 year-old walks past you with her arms behind her back singing, "Nothing in my hands, nothing in my hands."

...your 5- year old uses the word "Obviously" (in her most disgusted voice) to start her sentences when she is trying to make a point that mama is just not putting 2 and 2 together.

...your 5 year-old is just 3 days away from starting her 1st Day of Kindergarten!

...someone leaves a message on the voice mail saying that she will be Kennedy's teacher this year. Kennedy's teacher! I cannot even put into words how hearing those words made me feel. It was very strange. I mean Kennedy! My baby! No, this can't be right! But it is, she starts her 1st day of preschool in just 6 short days!

Why do my babies have to grow up so fast? I am getting all teary-eyed just typing this post. I have such mixed emotions. I am really excited about all of the new things ahead of us, but it is a little sad to see my babies growing up so darn fast!

No comments: