About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Kennedy Elizabeth - From Baby to Little Girl

I do not even know where to start explaining the many ways Kennedy has changed since she was born 2 1/2 years ago. First of all, she was born 5 weeks prematurely. She was a teeny-tiny little 5 lb baby with no body fat, dark blue/gray eyes, and dark brown/black hair. She actually looked at lot like Katelyn at birth. For the first several months, Kennedy stayed very little. She only made it to about 5% or slightly less on the weight chart. I was alarmed because even though Katelyn started out just as tiny as Kennedy, Katelyn had grown to the 25% in weight within the first few months. Our pediatrician said that there was no reason to be concerned, that Kennedy was just going to be our petite one. I nursed her on demand, like every two hours or even more often than that. Well, I went back to work when Kennedy was 6 months old. I tried pumping, but it was just too hard to find the time and a private location during the teaching day. So, I put Kennedy on formula. Formula agreed with Kennedy to say the least. Oh my, that baby girl started to grow. She got downright chubby by the time she was 7-8 months old. Then, being the worrying type that I am, I started to worry that she might have to struggle with her weight when she gets bigger. I was worried for her because Katelyn is so skinny and I didn't want Kennedy to feel bad about her body if she couldn't be as thin as her sister. (I know, I was worrying for no reason and I was worrying about something that "might" happen when she becomes a teenager, not right away.)

As most babies do, Kennedy lost her baby chub. As a matter of fact, she is a skinny little thing. There is nothing to her little legs and bottom. She has the same body proportions as Katelyn...25% taller than her weight, proportionally speaking.

I haven't even mentioned her hair yet. She started out with dark brown/black hair at birth. At her first birthday, she had a medium brown hair color. But, shortly after her 1st birthday, her hair started turning blond. By the time she was 15 months old, she was a full fledged blond! Considering that Kevin, Katelyn, and I all have dark brown hair, her blond hair was a nice surprise...she takes after her Nana and uncle Mike.

Both of my girls had blue eyes until after their 2nd birthdays. Then, the eyes began to change into the color that Kevin and I have in common~a greenish-bluish color. All four of us have the exact same eye color.

So, let's take a look at how my precious baby Kennedy has changed and grown over the last 2 and a half years...

March 10, 2006...The happiest day of my life
(if you are a mother of more than one child, then you will understand how you can have a tie for the happiest day of your life)





sweet baby feet




Look at this dark hair!




Oh my goodness, I just want to squeeze her!




Kevin and I laugh out loud every time we look at this picture. She is going to be so mad at me for posting this one day. See what I mean about the formula agreeing with her? It doesn't even look like the same baby! Luckily, it was just a short-lived phase while her body adjusted to the formula. It didn't help that she was losing her hair at the same time.




By December, her chub had started evening out.





Look who's one!




Kevin and I call this the "Whatcha talkin 'bout Willis?" picture.
Did you notice her hair color? This was just two months after her 1st birthday.






The beginning of pig tails!

Love when a baby falls asleep eating.

My coppertone girl

Gymnastics and pig tails, oh my I do love little girls!






I love how much the girls look alike while they are sleeping. I love that this picture was taken in my bed. Snuggling with these girls is a great way to wake up.





Exploring at the museum



A day at the spa with the girls




The 1st day of 2 year-old preschool...
My current favorite picture of my beautiful girl!


Oh how I love you little bear. If God lined up all of the two year-old little girls in the whole wide world and told me to pick...I'd choose you!

No comments: