About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sisters...Friends Forever

This is a short post that is based on a conversation that one of our neighbors, Mrs. Haverland, recently had with Katelyn and Kennedy. The story touched Mrs. Haverland so much that she came over to tell me all about it, and...she even got teary eyed.

Mrs. Haverland saw the girls playing in the backyard. She went over to the girls and said, "Kennedy your're 3 and big enough to play with your sister now." Katelyn said, "I'm 6 now. Yeah, it is like having a playdate everyday of my life." Mrs. Haverland said that the girls gazed into each other's eyes, Kennedy smiled, then they went off skipping across the yard holding hands. She was so moved to see the love between these sisters.
Mrs. Knowles, anther one of our neighbors, has also often commented on the close and genuine relationship my girls have.

We are so very blessed to have sisters that are truly the best of friends! Here they are playing...a playdate every day of their lives




























No comments: