About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Fondue!

I thought it would be fun to pull out the ol' fondue pot and introduce the girls to one of life's great pleasures...chocolate fondue! They were quite interested in the pot itself. Then, when Kevin lit the flame for the pot, the interest level peaked. I set out a plate of some of my favorite snacks to dip into the chocolate. We had, bananas (Kevin's and my personal favorite), strawberries, marshmallows (Katelyn's fave), and graham crackers. Kennedy's favorite ended up being the strawberries without the chocolate. Katelyn and Kennedy alone finished off two containers of strawberries - mostly without the chocolate. My girls have always been huge fruit lovers.

Here they are getting ready...pre-chocolate


Skewers in...






Katelyn is giving her first bite a big thumb's up for approval.
Kennedy is still working on her first bite.


Katelyn had fun playing with the skewers (is that what they are even called?)


I see a big smile on Kennedy's face, she must have liked her first bite as well.
Katelyn is ready for more


Not sure what Kennedy is thinking here; this might be when she decided that she liked the strawberries better without the chocolate.



We had so much chocolate left over...we may just have to do this again sometime soon.

No comments: