About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Love Having Big Kids

I always thought that having babies would be the best stage of parenting. I have to admit that there are definitely times that I miss my itty-bitty babies. But, I really am enjoying watching the girls grow and develop new interests. It is quite refreshing that as the girls get older, they also become increasingly more independent. As I poked my head into Katelyn's bedroom this afternoon to see what the girls were up to, I was so touched by what I saw...Katelyn reading to Kennedy in the middle of the afternoon while Mommy blogs...a beautiful thing!



I love how attentive Kennedy is, how Katelyn is also reading to her favorite teddy bear (which Kennedy is holding), and that Katelyn is wearing her styling new glasses. These images have made a permanent impression in my brain that I will always cherish.

3 comments:

Chasity said...

This is awesome Joey! Your girls are so sweet! Beautiful pictures too!

Joey said...

Thank you Chasity. I liked your tatoo joke yesterday. It was funny how few people seemed to understand what your were saying. I didn't want to comment on facebook because I didn't want to embarrass anyone who misunderstood your joke...it was very witty!

Unknown said...

Aw, this post makes me a little less sad about my baby turning 1 year old this week. I love this baby stage, but I should remember that the older years are great as well. Thank you! :) Your girls are adorable!