About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Today was parent-teacher conference night, so I didn't get to see my valentines until 8:30 tonight, just in time for baths and bed. I did have a nice surprise when I got home. Not only did Kevin have the house spotless and the girls fed, but he and the girls made me a special heart-shaped cake. It was my favorite...Rainbow Chip! (I know I really need to develop some grown-up tastes). They even wrote, "Mom, We Love You!" on the cake. Let me digress for just a moment. I promise it is a really good story. Here I go...The last time Kevin made me a heart-shaped cake was the first Valentine's Day after our wedding. He started the day off by handing me the Saturday paper that afternoon. He said that I had to read it and find a clue as to my gift. Well, I read and I read, but I needed help. He had put a classified in telling me that my journey had begun and that I needed to go to a specified address. I got in the car and headed to the address, which was a flower shop. Once inside, the employees were waiting for me with a bouquet of red roses and a card with my next destination...the jewelry store! When I arrived at the jewelry store, they were waiting for me and had a pearl bracelet that matched the necklace he had given me as a wedding present. Of course, they too had another clue for me. This clue sent me on my way to Victoria's Secret...enough said about that gift. Victoria's Secret had my final clue, which was to head home. When I arrived, several hours after I first embarked upon this journey, Kevin had a candlelight dinner prepared and my very first heart-shaped cake...that he made! So, you can see how I got started on this tangent. Anyway, back to Valenine's Day 2008...I had special treats for my loves...a box of chocolates for each of the girls, the book Pinkalicious for Kennedy, Purplicious for Katelyn, and the book How Many Hugs Do You Want? for both girls. I was pretty happy with Kevin's gift too, Stephen Colbert's book I Am America and So Can You and a Stephen Colbert for President bumper sticker (I know, we are such dorks, but we love Colbert).
It was a great Valentine's Day! I hope you all had a great day with your loved ones as well!

No comments: