About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Look Out Red Carpet...Here Comes the Hottest and Newest Designer

What's this you may ask? Well, let me tell you a little story...

As you know, Kevin and I started dancing this past August. Last week was our very 1st dance test. We had to test out of our current level in order to move on to the next level of material. Katelyn decided that I needed a brand new dress for the big test. She worked on this dress for about three days. It was 100% her own work. She wouldn't even let me see the dress until my first fitting. Now, how does she know about fittings? She has never had a dress fitted and she has never been to a seamstress. But, she had me come over to her work table for a couple of fittings. One was to measure my waist to make sure the belt was the right size ( the pink touille is the belt). Then, I had to really try the dress on so she could see how it looked. She walked all around me making comments about things she needed to still work on. This is actually the second dress that Katelyn has made for me. She made one back in the fall when Kevin and I first started dancing. Katelyn is a designer by nature. If she isn't designing clothes, she is designing houses, cities, robots, etc. She is currently working on creating a robot that will clean the house for me. She is just like her daddy in her creative thinking and problem solving abilities. Everything is possible with their optimism.

When the dress was finished, Katelyn said, "I bet no one else will have balloons on their dress! That makes it special. Make sure you tell them that your daughter made it for you and that she must love you very much."

Then, she proceeded to ask if they were going to give out any awards for the best dress. I think that she was under the impression that we were in a contest, not a private testing session. She wished us good luck and we were on our way, along with the dress. She was fully aware that I would not be able to sit in the car in this paper dress, so it was okay for me to "change into it" once we arrived at the studio.

Well, Kevin and I did pass our test, with a 95%! And best of all, look what I brought home...


(courtesy of the award drawer in my classroom of course)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.