About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad!

My mom and dad will both celebrate their 57th birthday this Thursday, April 24. Here is the amazing story of their meeting...

Although my paternal and maternal grandparents lived in Xenia, both families decided to have their babies in Springfield. At the time, Xenia did not have a hospital, but there were a few area hospitals from which to choose. My maternal grandmother and paternal grandmother went into labor on the same day at approximately the same time. They had the same OB. Once at the hospital, they shared a hospital room. Coincidentally, my mom and dad were born within 20 minutes of one another (my mom is older) and were delivered by the same doctor, Dr. Ray Berry.

As time went on, my parents had heard of one another from time to time around Xenia. Although they both lived in Xenia, my dad went to Catholic schools where as my mom went to public schools. They did not meet again until they were 16 years old. My dad was cruising around town in a car full of boys and my mom was cruising around with her girlfriends. After this first meeting, they started dating off and on for the next 6 years. They were married on August 24, 1973.
My parents have always felt that their story was destiny more than mere coincidence. They know that they were meant to be together. They will celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary this summer!

So here they are, nearly 35 years later with four grown children and 4 1/2 grandchildren so far. They are an inspiration to me. I am so blessed to have parents who are still married in this day and age. They are an inspiration of true love and commitment. As they celebrate their birthdays this week, I want them to know how much I love them and how blessed I am to have them for parents.

Mom and Dad,
Thank you for the unconditional love and security you have given me all of these years. Thank you for your amazing example of love, Christianity, morality, kindness, family values, and a strong work ethic. Thank you for being you! I Love you!

No comments: