About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Friday, May 2, 2008

Well...It Happened!

My fear of Katelyn turning 5 and growing up too fast...it happened. Katelyn had a dental check-up on April 8. The dentist informed us that Katelyn's two bottom teeth were loose. Katelyn had been telling me for a couple of weeks that her teeth were loose, but I just blew her off. I never imagined that she could really have loose teeth already...guess I was wrong. Her dental appt. happened to be scheduled on the same day as her kindergarten screening. So, as excited as I was about her having loose teeth and getting ready for the big kindergarten screening, I was just hit with two major milestones that will propel my child out of her preschool years and into the world of a big kid! Katelyn was nothing but excited. She kept singing, "My teeth are loose, I'm five years old, and I'm going to kindergarten!" She must have sung it the rest of the week!

On May 1, Kevin called me at school while I was teaching...which he never does. I asked him if everything was okay and he said that I needed to talk to Katelyn. Once on the phone, she told me that she lost her tooth. I was so excited for her! But then she started to cry, she added, "But I swallowed it!" I could have cried myself. I was so sad for her. Here she lost her very first tooth and couldn't even show it to us.

Of course I wanted to hear the entire story as to how the tooth fell out and how she swallowed it. Kevin said that Katelyn and the little boy next door had been out trying to catch a rabbit all day. They had carrots that they were using to try to lure the rabbit their way. However, Katelyn and Tommy were also eating the carrots. Well, this is how she lost the tooth. She swallowed it with her carrot. Katelyn was extremely worried about whether or not the Tooth Fairy would still come. I assured her that we would write the Tooth Fairy a note explaining what had happened and that she would still come...and she did. The Tooth Fairy left two dollar coins and a pack of sugarless gum. Katelyn was elated!

This was a big week for Katelyn. She started taking showers instead of baths...she showers 100% on her own! She also learned to ride a two wheeler this week. Check out the video below of our (little) big girl.

No comments: