About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two Things I Never Knew I Enjoyed

This is the first year I have done gardening from the very beginning. I have pulled weeds before and done some basic planting, but my MIL showed me how to work up my beds. It is a lot of work, but wow! I have such a sense of accomplishment and ownership over our landscaping right now. I can actually name every plant in our yard, which is huge considering last year I couldn't even tell which were plants and which were weeds. It felt so good to be able to walk into a garden center and be able to tell them exactly which plants I needed. It makes me smile every time I go outside and walk around this yard that I am fortunate enough to call my own.






I have also started running and attending a Boot Camp workout. I am a very beginner here. I am only going about a mile and a half right now, but plan on running my first 5K on the 4th of July (couldn't have picked a hotter time of the year, I know!). I should have started training four weeks sooner than I did, but you know how that goes. So far, running is one of those things that I have to make myself do, but once I get going, I want to do it every day. It really helps that I have three friends that I will be running the 5K with. Two of them are veteran runners, like 20 miles a day. My good friend, Amy, and I are novices. We are taking it slow and just getting our feet wet with this whole running thing.

Running and gardening are two things that I really never knew I would enjoy so much. It is funny how our interests change through the years. I can't wait to see what other interests may develop down the road.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Who ARE you? What happened to the Joey I knew and loved?