About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

3 Years Ago Today

Three years ago today...
It was a Friday night
I was 31 years old
I was the mother of a 2 year-old
I was 12 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child
I had terrible nausea and fatigue, just like when I was pregnant with Katelyn
I had worked a full week
I had plans to have dinner with all three of my college roommates
I was driving down Swigart Rd. on my way to meet those college friends when...
I lost control and FLIPPED MY SUV!
My guardian angel saved my life and that of my unborn baby!
This first picture was taken by the paramedics with a polaroid camera. It isn't the best quality photo, but priceless to me. This not only shows how I landed, but look at the rays of light shining right on my car...the light (God's light) encircles my car! I think it is a pretty amazing photo!






I often think about that day. I was so blessed. I could have died. I could have lost baby Kennedy. Kevin could have become a 32 year-old widower/single father. Katelyn could have lost her mommy.


GOD is GOOD!


I am so thankful for these past three years, and all the years of my life. I am so thankful that I am here spending my life with Kevin. I am thankful that Katelyn gets to grow up with a mommy. I am thankful for Kennedy. I am thankful that I get to watch my girls growing up. I am thankful for the love and grace of God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this day brings back many fears and feelings. What a great testimony and light you are to those around you! Walking away from that accident with both sweeties alive and well is nothing short of God's grace and goodness and what a blessing to recognize his love in your everyday life! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....you made me cry!! You are so right about counting all blessings and being appreciative of life every day. My cousin died at 29 and left her 3 babies (5, 3, and 1) and it changed MY life forever. We are blessed for every day God gives us. I've never felt that more than after becoming a mother and then losing mine. Thanks for sharing your story, Joey!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joey ... that is just amazing. You are right that God is good. My husband's cousin died (she had a seizure overnight and sufficated in her sleep) just over 7 years ago now and left behind a 2 year old girl and 12 week old baby boy. Sometimes it's hard to understand why, but God always has a plan for us.