About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Costume Party - Round 2

The girls had their 2nd opportunity to dress up in their Halloween costumes today. Our golf course hosted its annual "Boo-fet" and party. We started with a very kid-friendly lunch buffet- mac & cheese, chicken fingers, fries, fruit, carrots, make-your-own pizza station, make your-own caramel apples, and much more! After lunch, there were so many wonderful activities for the kids. The girls enjoyed dancing, hula hoops, giant inflatable slides, an inflatable bounce & jump, balloon artists, juggling shows, stilt walkers, and a variety of games.

I was so proud of Katelyn today. She won a game and was able to select a prize. Instead of choosing a prize for herself, she went over, got Kennedy, and told Kennedy to choose a prize. Kennedy chose a prize that Katelyn would clearly have no interest in, but Katelyn didn't mind. She really wanted that prize to be for her little sister. Katelyn has always been one to think of others on an emotional level. I cannot even tell you how impressed I was. The best part of the entire thing is that I was off in the background watching everything unfold. Katelyn did all of this completely on her own, without any adult coaxing.
How is that for selfless giving!

No comments: