About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Kennedy Beth

The last time I blogged about Kennedy, I mentioned that we call her "Ken-Bear." We still use that nickname, which is often shortened to just "Bear" or even plain ol' "Ken." But, over the summer, I started calling her, Kennedy Beth. This isn't really a nickname since her name is actually Kennedy Elizabeth, it just seems to be what I call her more than anything else right now. So, here is what Kennedy Beth is like at 2 years and 7 months old...

She is so into purses and "pink make-up." She never has just one purse either. She fills up and carries around as many purses as she can hold at one time. As for the "pink make-up," that is what she calls Mommy's MAC Lip gloss. The girl absolutely loves the stuff! She insists on putting it on whenever she leaves the house. She was in the bathroom this morning putting on her pink make-up before we headed out for some errands. When I walked in to do my own make-up, she quickly told me, "You're gonna have to wait your turn."




We say prayers every night at bedtime and during most dinners. Last week was the first time I heard my baby recite the bedtime prayer mostly by herself. It sounded so darn cute in her sweet little baby voice. She also does a nice job with our prayers at dinner too. One of her favorites is a prayer they say at preschool. "Hands, hands, hands, thank you God for hands. Food, food, food, thank you God for food. Friends, friends, friends, thank you God for friends...Amen."


I love her little baby voice with grown-up words. It is so much fun watching her vocabulary develop. She has been pretty verbal since before her 2nd birthday, but now her words and sentences are getting more sophisticated. Here is an example,... She started to drink after her daddy the other night. I told her not to or she might get the throw-ups again because daddy wasn't feeling good. I asked her if she wanted to get the throw-ups again and she replied, "Oh no, that would be terrible!"

I love her running around the house in her cute little panties. Neither of my girls are big fans of clothes. Katelyn actually peels off all of her clothes, except for her panties, right when she walks in the door from kindergarten every day.




I also love all of the connections that she is making right now. A most impressive connection she recently made was when she heard Sarah Palin on the radio. When she heard Palin talking, Kennedy got very excited and said, "I go see her and John McCain. I sing Happy Birthday and wave my flag." You see, Kevin had taken the girls to see John McCain approximately 5-6 weeks prior...on the day he announced Sarah Palin as his running mate. It also happened to be John McCain's birthday that same day, so the entire crowd sang Happy Birthday. Not only was I impressed that she remembered that day so clearly and made the connection just by hearing Sarah Palin's voice, but I must say that I was one proud Republican Mama that day! You go my little 2 year-old!

No comments: