About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kennedy's Birthday...A Tea Party



We celebrated Kennedy's "friends" birthday party on Saturday, March 7 at our house. Kennedy is such a girly-girl, that we decided a tea party would be the perfect theme for her birthday this year. Kennedy was so excited! She kept running to the front door the morning of the party checking to see if her friends were here yet. We had a total of seven little girls...Kennedy, Katelyn, Reagan, Emily, Annie and Ella (twins from next door that are in Kennedy's preschool class), and Mallory. All of the little ones ended up being dropped off due to the busy schedules of their parents. One would think that it might be difficult to manage a party of 2 and 3 year-olds without their parents to help out, but not the case! These girls were amazingly good!

Kevin thought that we might be asking for a disaster by putting all of these little ones in our dining room. But much to our surprise, there wasn't a single spill! All of the girls used their best manners. They were just precious sitting at that big table having their sophisticated little tea party. You could tell that they felt special and grown-up.

Although we had a mixture of tea sets around the house, I decided to order dishes for the occasion. It would have bothered me to have mismatched tea sets. I was able to find real China tea sets online at a reasonable cost...perfect! These new tea sets came with bigger cups than the ones we already had, so it was much better than the itty-bitty-tea cups that I would need to constantly refill.

We served peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes, cantaloupe, goldfish crackers, pink lemonade, and of course, a pink cake! Kevin and I made the cake together. It was a strawberry cake with pink-vanilla icing. Katelyn and Kennedy were so excited about the pink cake, they kept saying that it was their very own "Pinkalicious" cake...which happens to be one of their favorite books!

(The tablecloth looks terribly wrinkled, it is actually the table protection pad underneath the tablecloth that was the problem.There is no way to get the fold creases out of it, which makes the tablecloth lay funny. I decided that the wrinkles would be better than risking ruining my table:)



In order to mark each child's place at the table, I made princess wands with each child's initial on the wand. It was cute watching the girls try to find their seat (I know, I just can't let the teacher in me go, even at my baby's birthday party). The favor bags were pink chiffon filled with the princess wand, a necklace, pink chapstick (it is March in the midwest!), and sparkly pencils.




Look how much fun they are having... the sisters...






The cousins...Kennedy, Reagan, & Emily




And look at the smile on my girl...priceless!

No comments: