About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Deathly Afraid of Ants

Kennedy has this very unusual fear of ants. I know, the tiniest little bug there is, and that is what she fears the most. She even had a nightmare one night that ants were in her bed. She woke up crying and insisting that there were ants in her bed. I showed her that there weren't any ants, but she wasn't buying it. Needless to say, she spent the rest of the night in our bed.

On another instance, Kennedy was out riding her tricycle in front of the house. She saw an anthill in one of the cracks in the sidewalk. She immediately ditched the bike and took off for the house yelling, crying, and screaming the entire way! I thought she had cracked her head open or broken a bone the way she was carrying on. She even fell and scraped her elbow and knee in her attempt to get away as fast as she could. She was still hysterical when she got into the house because now that she was safe, she wanted one of us to rescue her bike from the ants.

Here she is happily riding her bicycle right before the whole ant incident...


There was even a short period of time when Kennedy would make me carry her from the house to the car whenever she was wearing sandals so that ants couldn't get on her toes. Oh Kennedy, you are an interesting one for sure:)

No comments: