About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Katelyn - the Artist

Katelyn writes and illustrates stories all day long.It is probably what she spends the majority of her free time doing in the winter. Katelyn wants to be an illustrator when she grows up. As much as she loves to write, I am surprised that she doesn't want to be an author and illustrator, but she said she would let someone else do the writing. She really does have an artistic way of looking at the world...something she most definitely did not get from her mama.

The other night, we were snuggled up in her bed reading a bedtime story. Katelyn stopped my reading mid-way through the book and said, "Look at this mama...it used to be a plain white page, and look at what the illustrated created!" She had such passion in her voice and was completely in awe. She has always been such a deep thinker. Not only does she think in such deep and philosophical ways, but she is quite a little artist for a kindergarten student.

She has wanted to be an illustrator for some time now. She recently asked me when she will be old enough to take an art class. I would love to sign her up for a summer art class, but we'll have to see how it fits into our schedule of already committed activities for the summer.

This is a simple example of her writing and supporting illustration. I love the details of the pizza oven with the fire below it.





No comments: