About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

One For Me and One For Him

Kennedy - supposedly is the one who looks like me. Katelyn clearly looks just like Kevin. Kennedy organizes like me and loves to clean. Her bedroom takes a maximum of five minutes...tops to straighten up[ because she is so tidy. But Katelyn, her room takes a good hour to do it right. Kennedy - nothing under her bed, Katelyn...everything crammed under her bed. She decided to clean out from under her bed one day, much to my surprise! Well, in true Katelyn fashion, everything came out from under the bed and straight into the toy box, she was struggling to get the lid closed. She was so proud of herself, I didn't have the heart to tell her my true feelings. While Katelyn was working on her bedroom, Kennedy started in on the playroom (because her bedroom was already finished). Kennedy did a beautiful job organizing the baby doll section of the room.. Then, she came out and asked if I could help her because she was missing one pink baby doll shoe...be still my heart!!!! She likes to inventory toys like her mama! We didn't have to search long before that pink shoe was found and all was right again in the world according to Kennedy and Mommy (I have to give Katelyn credit, she was actually the one who found the shoe...Kennedy had accidentally placed it with the socks...heaven forbid mixing socks and shoes:). Those of you that know me well are probably laughing that Kennedy likes to keep track of toys because you all know that I used to keep a list of "Missing toys parts" on the fridge in the old house. Fortunately for Kevin, our new fridge isn't magnetic, so the list is no more:) Katelyn never knew about that list...it was in the BK days...before Kennedy time.



It has been challenging for me to play with Katelyn for the last several years. Our brains just don't think alike and we just can't seem to play in a way that works with both of us. But Kennedy, that girl and I can sit down and do some serious doll playing. I feel bad that I can't play as easily with Katelyn, but it is just so challenging...she intermixes games and activities, she makes up her own games and plays in ways I never would have thought of. She is very creative and imaginative. Kennedy and I are more traditional with our play...we dress the babies, feed the babies, put the babies to sleep, etc.

No comments: