About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer is Here!

Yeah...summer break has officially begun!
(at least for Kennedy and me, poor Katelyn still has one more week of school)
We kicked off the 1st weekend of summer break with the first of many trips to the pool.

Here is Katelyn's big splash after jumping in!



Kennedy was pretty happy herself to be in the water




Riding on Daddy's back





Oh swimming pool, we hope to spend many a warm, sunny days with you this summer. The girls love to order lunch at the pool and this year, I think I am going to try some tropical "adult" drinks poolside as well.


Although we are pretty busy this summer, I love that the girls have time to just play outside and have fun too. We have already stayed up late, caught lightening bugs, and played flashlight tag. I am sure we'll set up the tent and have a girls-only camp out one night here soon...a summer tradition!

Here is one last summer-fun picture. It isn't the best quality picture because it was after sunset, but I captured the memory...right? Look how much fun they are having on that circular swing and an old, but much-loved tree.



We "Heart" Summer!

No comments: