About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A New Adventure

Very few people know this, but I am taking an online photography class this summer. I just got my 1st DSLR camera and a couple of starter lenses the week before the class started. I don't have any professional aspirations, but I really want to understand the art of photography and how to take beautiful pictures of my family. Well, my first assignment pictures are due tomorrow night. The pictures have to be taken in manual mode; which means that I set all the exposure settings myself, nothing automatic. It is so much easier for me to take pictures in one of the automatic modes, but I am really enjoying learning about exposure. The words iso, aperture, and shutter speed were like a foreign language just 2 weeks ago. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know how to set these settings, I had to really study my owner's manual, but I am starting to understand. I can't share any specifics because of the confidentiality agreement with the instructor. But, I can share my first assignment pictures, unedited, or in photography lingo, SOOC (straight out of camera)...








Far from perfect...but I am learning so much and really enjoying the new challenge. Hopefully, my photographs will improve throughout the summer as I continue learning and practicing.

No comments: