About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our New Puppy

Well, it has only been 11.5 months since Gunther passed away. I know that I swore that we would not get another dog, but I caved. Kevin and the girls all three really wanted a puppy. I decided that if I could choose the breed, we would go ahead and get another dog. Well, after all of my hunting and searching online for the perfect dog, I decided that another lab is just what I wanted. It just seemed like labs and beagles were really the only dogs that I just fell in love with. Kevin and I decided to that a yellow/white lab would probably be a better idea than another black lab just due to the dog hair. We have such light colored floors that every tiny piece of Gunther's black hair was visible. We hope to keep the dog hair swept up at all times, but realistically speaking, hair that blends in with the floors would help a lot. So, after lots of searching, I found the puppy for us. We drove 3.5 hours today to southeastern Ohio to the Rocking R Ranch to pick her up...and the drive was worth it! She is such a great puppy. She is 8 weeks old today and a whopping 10.5 lbs!

Look at her sweet little face...
Miss Sophie Alleuicious Nels



You can see how much the girls love her already!













On a funny side-note, Sophie did a poo-poo inside the breeder's house while we were signing papers. Kennedy was cursed with a super-sensitive nose. The poor kid actually started gagging and her eyes were watering. She really almost threw up! We had to take her outside because we truly thought she was going to throw up. Once we were all back in the car and driving home, poor Kennedy help her nose for the next 30 minutes. Sophie was a little damp from her recent bath and the smell was more than Kennedy could handle. Every time she unplugged her nose, the gagging would start up again. We felt really bad for her, but it was pretty funny too!

No comments: