About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Family Heirloom

Kevin's grandpa Byron made this Santa, sleigh, and reindeer. He was a master craftsman in his younger years, specializing in woodworking. Doesn't it look awesome? He actually made it many, many years ago when Kevin's mom was still little. It was a yearly Christmas decoration when she was a little girl. It has been in storage all of these years. Grandpa Byron decided that it was time for ol' Santa to find a new home. Since he wanted it to stay in the family, we were thrilled that it was being passed on to us!

It is in beautiful condition! You would never guess that it is over 40 years old.


No comments: