About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Birthday Time!


We decided to have a joint friends birthday party for the girls this year since their birthdays are only 11 days apart. It worked out well for the girls because they still have their family parties to look forward to, twice the fun for each of them! It was great for Kevin and me because we had such a nicely sized party, without it being too big! It was a Hello Kitty theme, which I loved because the colors were perfect...hot pink and green (my personal favorites since I am not a pastel fan). We even had kid-sized chairs to match because the girls got them last year as a birthday present from Gre and Popoo.



I love when things are color-coordinated without an added expense! We were blessed that all of the girls' closest friends (except Mitch) could be there. Both of my sisters and my two cutie-pie- eat-em-up nieces were there... who are both Kennedy's age. Katelyn had three friends from preschool, including two of their younger siblings which she and Kennedy are both friends with. The preschool moms and Kevin and I have become friends over the last two years since the girls have been in school together, they are a such a great group! My good friend Carie and her daughter came. Carie and I have been friends since kindergarten and she has been to every single birthday party that Katelyn and Kennedy have ever had! The three Scott girls, along with mom and dad... Amy and Duane, were there too! Amy and I teach together and have been good friends for nearly 10 years now! Katelyn and her friends made cute purses, hot pink and green of course. They also made butterfly bracelets. Kennedy and her friends colored Hello Kitty pictures while the big girls made their crafts. All of the kiddos played Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty, danced to a Greg and Steve CD, and played Hullabaloo, which is a great game for 3-7 year olds! Of course, we couldn't forget...

the cake...




singing Happy Birthday...




and presents!




The girls had a great time with all of their best friends. We are so glad that everyone was able to make it! Now, we get to do it all over again next weekend with the entire family!

No comments: