About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Great Garage Clean Up!

The men in Kevin's family men are notorious for their garages. Now, I know that all garages have clutter, but honestly people...you have no idea what I am talking about here! First of all, Kevin's grandpa has a 2-car garage, an entire basement, and an attic FULL of stuff. Uncle Al has a 6-car garage, full of everything anyone could ever imagine! And for Kevin, we have a 3-car garage, an additional 1 1/2 car garage, a large furnace room for Kevin to keep things in and now we have just built a new 2-car garage over at one of our rental properties to keep more stuff in. Here is a glimpse into just a little of what I am talking about...

According to me and the average person, this is way too much junk. But to them, treasures! I will admit that Kevin can always go out into one of the garages and find anything
he needs (or I need), and with impressive speed I might add!
As nice as it is being married to a man who is so resourceful and handy, the massive amount of stuff and mess is a definite con. So, I finally asked Kevin if I could try to organize our 3-car garage...the one that is actually attached to our home. Let me assure you that trying to organize thousands of screws, hinges, and all of those other little things that I have no idea how to use is an impossibility. Plus, Kevin gets very uptight when any of his things are messed with. So, I attempted to leave his things as intact as possible, but to just move things around a little. Kevin was so helpful in that he took a LOT of stuff over to the new garage. The clean-up is not finished, but sooooo much better! I would like to get Kevin another shelving unit so that he can at least put all of his boxes of mismatched things onto shelves and off the floor. But, for now, anyone who knows Kevin would surely be impressed with our clean and mostly
organized garage!

2 comments:

J.J. said...

OMG is that a pink barbie escalade? cause we have that too along with the clutter and our garage is a DISASTER due to all the kiddo CRAP! come clean ours! ha! glad i followed your link and found you over here, oh friend of samantha's:)

MChrisman said...

Joey, Uncle Al also has a crawl space that you walk in full of stuff, the rental house garage and the rental house basement.