About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Kid Lies

Kennedy is going through a little lying stage at the moment. She lies to manipulate any situation. Her lies always follow a pattern, so it is easy to tell when she is trying to pull one over on us. She always starts out by saying, "________ told me..." Like, "Mommy told me no night nights." Or, "Daddy told me we go to the park." Better yet, "Daddy told me cake and fish (goldfish) for lunch." When we call her on it, she folds her little arms in a "I Dream of Jeannie" way and says a disgusted, "ugh!" Then we tell her that she has told a lie and has to go to time out for lying. Hopefully this phase will pass and our girl will not grow up to be a big ol' compulsive liar. We really aren't too worried as we remember Katelyn going through a similar stage at this age blaming things on Gunther. However, Katelyn only told a few lies, not several a day like Kennedy is pulling.
Anyway, here she is, being her ornery little self, making a silly face for the camera (which is another phase she is in right now)

No comments: