About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Katelyn The Heart Breaker

Kevin may have his work cut out for him being the father of two little girls. Although Katelyn is only 5 years old, there have already been two little boys with crushes on her. Now Katelyn is completely oblivious to all of this. She would be absolutely humiliated if she knew how these boys felt about her. The first little boy who had a crush on our Kate was on her soccer team last spring. I must be as oblivious as my daughter because several parents, including David's mom, had to clue me in as to what was so very obvious to everyone but Katelyn and me. David would always come over to Katelyn after a play and tell her what a great job she had done. After the game, he would hang around and just keep telling Katelyn what a great game she played. Whenever Katelyn had an injury, David would actually leave the field to come make sure Katelyn was okay. I know, how could Katelyn and I miss those obvious signs? We just didn't put it all together at first. We never did tell Katelyn what was going on because she probably would have quit soccer right then and there due to being so embarrassed.

The more recent crush is from Tommy next door. Not only does he live next door, but he and Katelyn are in the same kindergarten class. They have been friends for a couple of years now. While playing dodge ball in the backyard this weekend, I heard Tommy say, "Hey Katelyn, if I give you this ball, will you marry me?" Katelyn's quick reply was, "NO!" When I told Tommy's parents about the little proposal that had just taken place, they laughed and said that he is always talking about marrying Katelyn when he grows up. They said that his older brother and sister laugh at him and tell him that Katelyn doesn't want to marry him. Tommy's parents said that he just tells his brother and sister that he's going to win Katelyn's heart one day (how sweet is that?).


Here is a picture taken a couple of months ago... I thought it was a perfect fit for this post considering the recent marriage proposal.



Like I said, Katelyn really doesn't pay attention to any of this. As adorable as I think it is that these two little boys have crushes on my daughter, I am NOT the kind of parent who thinks it is cute or appropriate for little kids to have boyfriends and girlfriends. So, I do not plan on mentioning any of this to her.

If this is any sign of things to come, Kevin is surely going to have his hands full protecting his girls from all the boys.

No comments: