About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

We Have The Best Daddy!

Katelyn has had her heart set on a tree house ever since she was three years old. Last school year, Kevin promised that he would build her a tree house over the summer. As summer started coming to a close, I started to worry that maybe he had forgotten about his promise. But, not our Daddy! He ALWAYS comes through on his promises!

He decided to refurbish a 20 year-old playhouse that Uncle Al had built for Kevin's cousins. We decided to paint it brown and green in order to coordinate with our swing set.
It is a two-story playhouse/tree house. The upstairs walks out onto a deck that Kevin built into the trees. It is a pretty big deck, and that is what really makes it a tree house!
We still need to remodel the inside of the playhouse. Kevin plans on running electricity so that the girls have lights and an outlet for a television. We are going to let the girls have a little creative freedom as to the colors we use on the interior. It has real working windows, but we need to add some curtains once it is painted. In order to finish things off, we are going to add some indoor/outdoor carpet and landscape around the playhouse. I think the landscaping will give it just the right touch.

I must say that I am quite impressed with how it has turned out so far, especially since it is 20 years old! I would have LOVED to have had a playhouse like this when I was a little girl. All of the kids in the neighborhood are loving it! It is the new neighborhood hangout!

It also survived last week's windstorm with No damage! Thanks for making it so safe and secure for the kiddos Daddy...We Have The Best Daddy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....I should say so! You have two lucky little girls!! That is awesome!

Rhonda

Joey said...

You are always so sweet! I love that you read my blog regularly. It has really been fun getting back in touch with you!

João Esteves said...

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pie, I love your blog. You give a glimpse of what your life is like with words and fotos. The blogosphere already knows it all. You seem to love your stay-at-home husband much, which suggests a good degree of happiness, in the whole. Your children must impart a lot of joy to it. My Brazilian congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jack! That turned out great!!! Tara