About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Can You Read This?

Can you read this...well, if you are a kindergarten or 1st grade teacher, I bet you can. This is what Katelyn wrote in her diary...all by herself!

jmqwes is the best
y B cus you can in jmqwes do brs and you can do poo ofrs.

Translation for you non primary teachers:
GymQuest is the best. Why? Because in GymQuest you can do bars and you can do pullovers.

Here are some more diary entries:
O Hi it is me.

This is me and my sir Kennedy. (translation...This is me and my sister Kennedy)

I Love you Kennedy

I was pretty impressed with the spaces between her words and the periods at the end. I was loving the high frequency words and invented spellings too!

Here is her Christmas list for Santa that she did at school:
1. Bndris (Bendaroos)
2. Litipesh (Littlest Pet Shop) Did you notice the sh! This is big for invented spellings. She actually uses "sh" a lot in her writing, and always correctly.
3. Srpis (Surprises)
4. Gif for Kennedy (Gifts for Kennedy)

How stinkin sweet...gifts for Kennedy on Katelyn's Christmas list. She just might be the sweetest, smartest kid I know...I'm not biased of course:).

No comments: