About Me

My photo
I am 36 years old and a mother of two beautiful little girls. Kevin and I have been married for 11 years. He is a stay-at-home dad who runs his own business from our home. I am a part-time 3rd grade teacher and have been teaching for 15 years. I live no more than 10 minutes away from my parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, newest nephew, grandparents, aunts, and uncles... I wouldn't want it any other way!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thank You Jif Peanut Butter Company, You Have Served Us Well

Wow, I do not even know where to begin, but today is an amazing day in the Nels household. Today, Jan. 31, 2009, Kevin informed me that, for now on, I can throw away the empty peanut butter jars. You see, Kevin and I have been married for nearly 10 years. I have never thrown away a peanut butter jar since the day we were married!

Let me assure you that our family eats a lot of butter! Once a jar is empty, we always put the jar in the dishwasher to be cleaned and saved for Kevin's business receipts. I am not one to save much of anything, so this has always been a subject that I just shake my head at. Besides getting a great sense of joy out of getting rid of things, I am also quite organized. The thought of Kevin stuffing receipts into jars as a means of filing just didn't make sense to me....but to each his own. At the very least, one would expect Kevin to label the jars. But no, he has no method to his madness. When he has a receipt for a business expense, he simply grabs the closest peanut butter jar and shoves it in. He even keeps several of the jars in his truck so he can stash the receipt right after his purchase. Kevin's mom and I nearly shiver with fear at the whole idea.



I do have to say that as crazy as it sounds, Kevin is very organized and detailed with his receipts when it comes to tax time. He starts on taxes every December. He starts out by gathering all of the peanut butter jars. He empties them out and actually organizes those receipts. It is always a good feeling for me to see the receipts being organized properly. It doesn't bother him at all to do all of this at the end of he year. He would much rather do this in December than to spend time all year long organizing the receipts as they come in.

Kevin has finally accumulated enough jars that I have the go-ahead to
pitch all future jars...oh yeah!

Over the years, I have bought Kevin several various organization systems. He has politely asked me to please never buy anything organization related for him as any sort of present...it just doesn't work for him.

Oh Kevin, you know that I do love you and all of your little idiosyncrasies
You are such a fascinating person and an
amazing husband and father.
I love you!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

So why can you start throwing them away? Does he finally have enough jars or what?

Joey said...

Oh yeah, I guess I neglected to include that important detail. I have since added it. Yes, he finally has enough jars.

MChrisman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MChrisman said...

Are you recycling the empty jars? GO GREEN!!!!